Art Wanted Slideshow

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Captain America's Shield

Captain America #78 1954.  John Romita cover art (wow!)

Oh my gosh, did I fall down a rabbit hole when I started researching this topic, basically, "When did Captain America first appear with a round shield?"  Some of the covers and artwork this led to had me fascinated.  The answer was a surprise to me as well.  He only used the triangular shaped shield for his first appearance, then the round version appeared.

But looking at all the covers from the 1940's through the 1950's was amazing, especially the cover above from 1954 by John Romita.  All the color variations of the rings on the shield were also interesting.

Here is a Wikipedia article regarding the history of Captain America's shield.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_America%27s_shield


1 comment:

http://essay-writings-service.com said...

Thank you for the read. Honestly you covered the topic and broadly examined all areas. If i was to write this i would have done a few things differently myself but you have definitely inspired me to get into the world of blogging. Thanks heaps for the post i really appreciate it. Have a good day and keep blogging+)